YOGI RAMSURATKUMAR CHENNAI SATSANG SAMITHI
“There is no need for any japa or dhyana for you. You are in the company of this beggar all the time. So you are doing tapas all the time. The greatest tapas for any one is to stay near one’s Guru and do service to Him.”
In tune with the above saying of Bhagawan Yogi Ramsuratkumar, Satsang Samithi was established in Chennai, in the year 2000. The divine words of Yogi Ramsuratkumar “Nellikai (gooseberry) for the body and Ramnam for liberation,” have impelled the Samithi to arrange for Namajapa periodically, at the residences of Bhagawan’s devotees by turns, if they so choose.
Keeping in view our Masters assertion, “Father has given a new name to the world “Yogi Ramsuratkumar,” the Sankirtan fully revolves around His name, which is the divine mantra for us. Obviously the Nama Sankirtan and Satsangh are intensively connected.
The Samithi’s present schedule is :
- To hold Namajapa Yagna every first Sunday between 8.00 A.M. and 9.30 A.M. at the residence of any willing devotee.
- Celebration of Bhagwan’s Jayanthi day grandiosely every year, during the first Sunday of January (two days celebaration). Celebrations start from 0600 and ends at 2000hrs including Aganda Namam, Pathuga Abhishekam, Lakharchanai , Pooja as well as known devotees discourses. Special Annadhanam is served 3 times a day for both the days.
- For Yogi Ramsuratkumar Maharaj’s Jayanthi which falls on 1st December every year, the Samithi Members participate in the celebrations organized by Yogi Ramsuratkumar Ashram, Tiruvannamalai and voluntarily render service.
- Many members of the Chennai Samithi, voluntarily offer their services to Yogi Ramsuratkumar Ashram, Tiruvannamalai, whenever needed and more particularly during festive occasions.
The Samithi recapitulates the words of the Master “Tell the name of Yogi Ramsuratkumar, in the place wherever you are and see what happens.” The members of the Samithi verily feel the presence of Guru Maharaj, during Nama Sankirthans.
With a view continue Nama chanting and also with the intention of constructing a temple for Bhagwan Yogi Ramsuratkumar Satsang samithi Trust was formed in the year 2012.
Devotees who want Nama chanting at their residences are required to fix up a date with the office bearers of the trust
“Faith in Guru can even move the Mountains” exclaims Yogi Ramsuratkumar. With faith we will surrender at the Holy Feet of our Master and engage ourselves, as much as possible, in Nama Sankirtan.”.
YOGI RAMSURATKUMAR CHENNAI SAMITHI, PAMMAL
To fulfill the wishes of devotees that Bhagwan’s nama should be recited daily, as well as the need for a place to meditate in front of Bhagwan at their will, Bhagwan’s picture was consecrated at:
Yogi RamsuratKumar Illam,
No.29, Nethaji street,
Pammal , Chennai -600075
Well defined rituals are being performed there.
The samithi is kept open from 7.00 AM to 11.00 AM in the morning and 4.00 PM to 7.00 pm in the evening for Dharshan of the public. Special Nam Chanting will also be held on every month third Sunday, on the day of Bhagwan’s Janma Star Swathy, and also festival days like Bhagwan’s Jayanthi and Aradhana. Annadhanam also being done on those festival days
YOGI RAMSURATKUMAR SEVA SAMITHI TRUST
Apart from this, we have been participating in various charitable activities through our Samithi. The most significant one was the contribution for Annadhanam during every Kumbhaabheshekam at the Yogi Ramsuratkumar Ashram - Tiruvannamalai, Yogi ramsuratkumar samithi at Aruppukottai and Madurai and also to trusts managing mentally challenged kids and child welfare trusts. We have also served in various relief measures during natural calamities. To continue our services in a structured manner as well as spreading Bhagwan’s Nama to the entire world , “ Yogi RamsuratKumar Seva Samithi Trust “ has been formed in the year 2019
Through this trust, the following activities have been planned (inclusive but not exhaustive )
- Build a grand temple for Bhagwan at the center of Chennai city
- Monitory support to deserving and economically backward students for school fees, admission fees, exam fees , school uniforms etc
- Recognising the top performing students through cash reward
- Distribution of note books ad stationary to poor students
- Disaster relief support to those affected by natural calamities
- Medical camps wherever possible
- Distribution of butter milk during summer